Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Последний Звонок (The final bell)

Yesterday I had my final exam. The very last exam of my Bachelor of Psychology. I still have to submit two essays before end of July, but I don't have to go to uni for that anymore... so that part of it is over. Wow - hard to believe that I actually managed to get through it. I definitely couldn't have done it without Jack helping me and supporting me all through these years and also without Mum being here to help with Timmy this semester.

Unfortunately my grade average is not brilliant, so I haven't been able to get into the Clinical Psych masters that I wanted to. Sadly at the time of application I didn't have my very final mark ('cos that was still before I finished the subjects I was doing now), so it might've been better if the marks I get now will be good *fingers crossed* But I had two interviews for two other masters (one in Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience and another in Work and Organisational Psychology). I am yet to hear the results of those interviews and whether I got a place. And I'm still to decide if I'll take the place even if I was offered one, because it's not exactly what I want to be doing in the long run... and investing another two years into doing something that's not exactly what I want to do - is a question.

Either way I have a pretty good plan for next year if I don't get into masters... and that is to get some work experience working as closely as possible with a professional psychologist and people with mental disorders. Have to see what will be possible there. And then I'll reapply again next year for Clinical Psych masters, as the Humboldt university and university of Potsdam, which are not offering masters at all this year, should be offering them then as well.

So there you have it - Polina is one step closer to her dream job :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it is highly impressive that you managed to complete a degree in German! Congratulations. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... I wish I was that close to completing my masters... 3.5 years to ago - it's a scary thought

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Polinchik!!! It's all for the best, even if we don't always see the big picture *hugs*

    ReplyDelete